It has been a long time since I have posted anything on my site due to some extraordinary jerk that decided to hack my site along with my son’s CookManFood. What a shame that people have nothing better to do than go out and destroy what others have done. It takes a lot of time and energy to create and keep posting a blog, especially when one has to take pictures to make the site more appealing. My saving grace is that I truly believe that what goes around comes around and that this perp will definitely get their just reward. What a dink! Well with that behind me now, let’s talk food.
A lot has been going on this summer and I did manage to create some tantalizing meals. I made some absolutely delicious blueberry muffins. Not rocket science to create them. I used my blueberry cake recipe and baked them in large muffin tins and the end result was worth every calorie. Just look at those blueberries. Yum! I also added a sprinkling of coarse sugar on the top of each muffin before baking.
1 cup sugar
½ c. shortening ( part butter)
2 eggs, separated
1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp. bak. powder
½ tsp. salt
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 pint blueberries
coarse sugar for top
1. Sift flour, bak. powder and salt 3 times.
2. Beat egg whites til stiff. Set aside.
3. Cream shortening with sugar and add egg yolks, beating well.
4. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk.
5. Fold in egg whites, lemon juice, and add blueberries last.
6. Sprinkle batter with sugar before baking. Bake in muffin tins – 350 for 30-45 minutes